[Coin-discuss] Using heuristic solutions in BCP

Eduardo efsilva at pobox.com
Tue Jul 13 22:38:46 EDT 2004

Dear COIN Team,

I am implementing a Branch-and-price algorithm in a serial environment.  I
have a question about heuristic solutions in BCP using
"p.user->generate_heuristic_solution()"

Suppose I have found an improved heuristic solution:

Some of those variables (columns) in the heuristic solution are new and I
saw that they receive an index.  But, how are they appended to the other
variables?

I mean, those new variables may not conform to the branching rules for the
current node, so they should not be include in the current model.

Can the new variables be used in any other node, or by default they receive
an index but they are not inserted on the model?

If I want to include those new variables, do I have to recreate then and
insert the model?

Thanks and congratulations for the nice work,

Eduardo.