[Coin-discuss] BCP

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 8 14:52:32 EDT 2004

Hi Matthew,

BCP_TmVerb_BestFeasibleSolution controls whether at the end the best feas sol
should be printed or not.

BCP_TmVerb_BetterFeasibleSolutionValue and BCP_TmVerb_BetterFeasibleSolution
control whether the sol value and the solution should be printed when a new,
better than the previous best sol is found.

BCP_TmVerb_AllFeasibleSolutionValue and BCP_TmVerb_AllFeasibleSolution
control whether the sol value and the solution should be printed every
time when a feas sol is found.

For the ...Value pars life is simple, BCP simply prints the double value. For
the sol itself all bcp can do is to print out the nonzero values, and that's
the default. This printing is done in the BCP_tm_user::display_solution()
method. However, in the default printing method BCP can print the sol only if
BCP knows how the solution is stored. BCP itself would store the solution as a
BCP_solution_generic object, but if the user overrides the solution type then
BCP has no way of knowing how to print the sol, so it doesn't do it. So in
this case in order to get the sol printed the user must also override the
BCP_tm_user::display_solution() method.

I hoe this helps,
--Laci