[Coin-discuss] COIN algorithm selection

Ted Ralphs tkr2 at lehigh.edu
Wed Jan 14 12:08:03 EST 2004

Hi David,

Unfortunately, the current version of OSI was not designed with this type of
fine-grained control in mind. In the next version of OSI, which is under
development, this kind of control should be much easier. Using solver hints is
definitely a way to go, but they are unfortunately not implemented for all
solvers. My own personal solution to this has been to simply modify the solve
functions to suit my needs.  This is not terribly difficult and certainly much
easier than maintaining your own interface. Maybe some of the maintainers want
to chime in with better solutions.

Cheers,

Ted
--