[Coin-discuss] [BCP] Manual

Ted Ralphs tkr2 at lehigh.edu
Fri Feb 13 17:42:56 EST 2004

Stephan,

My apologies for the outdated documentation. This is a problem
throughout the repository. Since we are all working on a volunteer basis
and have to carefully justify the time we devote to this project, it's
difficult to keep up. A further complicating factor is that we are
currently devoting much of our energies to creating a non-profit
corporation so that we can move hosting from IBM to INFORMS, giving us
more flexibility and the ability to begin raising money that could to
fund such things as improved documentation in the future. Please be
assured that better documentation is on the list on things to do, but it
may be a while. In the meantime, I would be happy to patch the manual
with any fixes you'd be willing to write and submit. In theory, the
purpose of open source documentation is to allow the user community to
improve it.

In the meantime, I suggest you take advantage of other resources, such
as the slides I put together for the COIN tutorial at the most recent
ISMP and the COIN tutorial page at Lehigh (sagan.ie.lehigh.edu/coin). In
particular, Matt Galati put a lot of effort into creating a simple
example of how to do column generation in BCP. All of these are
accessible from the links on the COIN web page under resources. Thanks
for your patience.

Best regards,

Ted
--