[Coin-discuss] Re: SYMPHONY

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Dec 29 16:34:54 EST 2004

Previously, I'd accidently sent this to Ted Ralphs directly.

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Ted Ralphs wrote:

> I take it your questions have been answered for the time being. I'm
> fully aware it can be a little daunting to get COIN and SYMPHONY working
> and there a lot of things still undocumented. Each version gets a little
> easier and a few more things are automated. If only there were more
> hours in the day. If you have any other problems getting SYMPHONY
> working, please feel free to post a message to the list and I will try
> to answer quickly.

Be careful what you wish for.

Doing a make in the Osi directory, I got the following error message:
Creating library libOsiClp-O.a
ar: Linux-O/OsiClpBranchAndBound.o: No such file or directory

Unable to account for the attempt,
I did a find from the top of the coin heirarchy.
There was no file matching the pattern *BranchAndBound* .

This isn't as bad as my master's thesis research.
I wrote a depth-first branch-and-cut solver using XMP.
Being the only one in the department doing LP or IP
there weren't a whole lot of people to ask.

Thank you for your time and attention.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Pilot, does Moya know where we are?"  --   Zhaan