[Coin-discuss] Citing COIN-OR

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 19 11:35:44 EDT 2004

Joseph:

The first paper on COIN-OR that appeared was in the proceedings of
CP-AI-OR, then there was a brief article in ORMS Today.  Matt Saltzman
wrote a book chapter that had COIN-OR in it, and sections on COIN-OR have
appeared in various technical papers.  But the one that fleshes out the
goals in the fullest form (to date) that I know about is a  referreed paper
that appeared in the IBM Journal of Research and Development.  That'd be my
recommendation.

http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/rd47-1.html

 Robin Lougee-heimer. The Common Optimization INterface for Operations Research, IBM Journal of
 Research and Development,vol. 47(1):57-66, January 2003.

I'd be curious to know what your thesis on, and in what context you're
citing COIN-OR.
Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org

|---------+------------------------------------------------>
|         |           Joseph Young <josyoun at nmt.edu>       |
|         |           Sent by:                             |
|         |           coin-discuss-admin at www-124.southbury.|
|         |           usf.ibm.com                          |
|         |                                                |
|         |                                                |
|         |           04/16/2004 09:30 PM                  |
|         |           Please respond to coin-discuss       |
|---------+------------------------------------------------>
  |       To:       coin-discuss at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Coin-discuss] Citing COIN-OR                                                |

             I'm currently writing my thesis and I'd like to cite COIN-OR.
Although I notice several publications, is there some standard paper that
is typically cited?

Sinc, Joseph Young