[Coin-discuss] Solicit your help on COIN-CLP

Haoxun Chen haoxun.chen at utt.fr
Thu Apr 15 04:19:10 EDT 2004

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your providing the open source COIN for the OR community.
COIN is a great initiative for mathematical software.

Right now, I want to use COIN-CLP to solve a mixed integer linear
programming problem. In the algorithm I try to develop, the variable to
enter the basis and the variable to leave the basis for the simplex
algorithm solving a LP subproblem are selected according to a special rule
designed by myself. In order to do so, I have to know the whole simplex
tableau at each iteration of the simplex algorithm (the columns
corresponding to the variables of the original problem plus those for
artificial variables). Could you give me some advices on the data structure
of the tableau in CLP and on which functions and classes I should look into
in order to get my work started. It would be greatly appreciated if you
could help me on this issue.

Best regards,

Haoxun CHEN
Technology University of Troyes, France