[Coin-discuss] Change to Makefile.Darwin

Henderson,David henderson_d at auhsd.k12.ca.us
Tue Apr 13 17:49:03 EDT 2004

Here is a suggested change to the Makefile.Darwin which allows MacosX users to compile with dynamic libraries.

MacosX does not support 'shared libraries' and it is likely never to.

However, it appears that Darwin users can gain nearly compatible functionality by linking into files of type 'dylib'.

Here is a short document on the subject, it is the basis for my changes.

http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/shared.php?phpLang=en

I have included the modified Makefile as an attachment.

Hope this helps.

Regards
David