[Coin-discuss] Retrieving branching information

Thomas K. Stidsen tks at imm.dtu.dk
Tue Sep 9 09:19:26 EDT 2003

Hi

I am currently trying to implement a Branch and Price algorithm
in BCP, using Ryan-Foster branching, i.e. branching on an added
constraint. The branching part seems to work but I have a problem:
Retrieving the branching information, because I need to take the
previous branching decisions into account when solving the subproblem.
So the question is: How do I store this information in the "children"
before actually branching (probably in the method
" select_branching_candidates
<http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/coin/Doxygen/Bcp/class_b_c_p__lp__user.html#z202_0>
()" ) and how do I retrieve this information
again (probably in the method  " initialize_new_search_tree_node
<http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/coin/Doxygen/Bcp/class_b_c_p__lp__user.html#a1>
()" ) ?
The actual branching involves adding a constraint with either 0 or one on
the righthandside. The lefthandsides are identical, but I need to be able
to get the value of the righthandsides and get the information on how the
lefthandsides were generated.

Best Regards Thomas Stidsen

--
Thomas Stidsen                       Assistant Professor
Email:                               Email: thomas at stidsen.dk
Phone:                               Tlf. : (+45) 45 25 33 84
IMM, Technical University of Denmark