[Coin-discuss] problem with examples and pvm

Ted Ralphs tkr2 at lehigh.edu
Wed Sep 3 15:40:35 EDT 2003

Paul,

My apologies for the outdated documentation. There are a lot of "easy
fixes" that are needed in the documentation, but that is just one on a
long list of TODO's to increase the usability of BCP. In totality, there
is a lot of work to be done, so we need as much help as we can get. The
Latex source for the documentation is available through CVS (I believe),
so if you want to contribute, placing your fixes in the documentation
source and then submitting the modified source would be great.

As for BCP and PVM, I believe it's been quite some time since BCP was
exercised with PVM, so some things might be broken. The error code you
are getting means that PVM cannot find the executable that it is trying
to spawn. The easiest way to fix this is to place a soft link to the
executable from the directory $PVM_ROOT/bin/$PVM_ARCH, which is where
PVM looks for executables by default. Alternatively, you can create a
pvm_hosts file and specify an executable path there. The PVM
documentation is very detailed about how to do this, so that's a good
place to look for hints. Let us know how you make out.

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Assistant Professor