[Coin-discuss] OSX 10.2.8, CoinTime.hpp and Sbb

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri Oct 31 08:11:49 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 ScottWelz at aol.com wrote:

> Greetings Sven,
>
> I've got COIN running on my Mac and had the same ru_time problem you describe
> here.   The issue seems to be that Darwin is using either non-standard or
> older versions of standard libraries.   When I proposed the change you describe
> below earlier, there was a reluctance (rightly so) to start making too many OS
> specific code exceptions.   Now that Laci has pulled the time stuff out into
> CoinTime, maybe it would make it easier to handle this issue cleanly.

Do either of you know if there is an OSX-specific compiler flag (similar
to _MSC_VER) that we could use to #ifdef the patch?  I think that we'd be
a little happier about working around blatent compiler bugs if (a) we
could isolate them as in CoinTime and (b) we could implement them only
with respect to the compilers that need them.

> As far as your Sbb issue goes, I haven't had as much time as I would have
> liked to work on COIN stuff in the last few months, so my version of COIN is a
> few months old.   I'll update and give it a try over the weekend to see if I can
> duplicate your problem.
>
> Good to see another Mac user giving COIN a try!
>
> Scott
>
> In a message dated 10/30/03 6:05:29 AM, devries at ma.tum.de writes:
>

> > #include <ctime>
> > #if defined(_MSC_VER)
> > // Turn off compiler warning about long names
> > #  pragma warning(disable:4786)
> > #else
> > // for macosx
> > #include <sys/time.h>