[Coin-discuss] Re: [Coin-lpsolver] BCP and Windows

Brady Hunsaker hunsaker at engr.pitt.edu
Sun Oct 26 11:36:03 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 08:37, Stephan Hennig wrote:
<snip>
> Thanks for your answer. But I think I have to state my question more
> precisely (I think 'environment' was the wrong term).
>
> I'm rather determined using Borland C++ Builder. Are there any positive
> experiences with BCP and BCB? Negative ones are welcome as well. Because
>  they would save me time and I could directly switch to the alternative
> Symphony framework (although I'm going to do Branch&Price).
>
> If there are no such experiences here (which makes me think I'm doing
> something wrong) I'll have to try myself and will post the results.
>
> Kind regards,
> Stephan Hennig

A quick search of the coin-discuss archives shows no occurrences of the
word "Borland" and I don't remember anyone ever mentioning it.  So
probably no one has reported on efforts to try Borland with BCP.  We'd
certainly appreciate if you let us know how your efforts go.  I guess
issues that have come up before are related mainly to templates, though
I could be wrong.

Also, the correct list for this discussion is coin-discuss.
coin-lpsolver is meant for CLP, the LP solver that is part of COIN-OR.

Brady