[Coin-discuss] MOSEK interface / OSI redesign

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 16 15:19:27 EDT 2003

Bo:

>Currently, outside contributions are on hold because getting approval
>though IBM will take longer than the time we expect to remain hosted with
>IBM.

The above is true, but only for certain types of project contributions.  It
does not apply to new OSI interfaces.  For us to be able to post the Mosek
interface on COIN-OR,  we  just need a email from you with information that
establishes the legal pedigree of the code (e.g., a statement that says you
are the legal author of the code and that you are opening in under the
CPL).   Below is the "mini-COO".  If you read it over,  fill-in-the-blanks,
and email it back to me...that's all we need. If you have any questions
about, I'd be happy to handle them off-list.

As with the other interfaces, each contributer has  become the maintainer
and has joined the core-team (i.e., been given write priviledges to the cvs
responsitory so that they can maintain their code, and been subscribed to
the coin-team mailing list).  There are some legal guidelines COIN-OR's
current host makes us follow when accepting contributions from outside the
core-team.  I"ll follow-up with off-list about these once I get the
mini-COO from you.

Robin

Mini-COO
=======================================
CONTRIBUTOR'S  STATEMENT OF ORIGIN

I/We, ______________,  ______________, and ______________:

(a) represent that

I/we am/are the only author/authors and owner/owners of the software

described as/entitled ____________________________, and

(b)  represent that either

   (i) this software was neither derived in any other way nor otherwise

   copied from any other software, or

   (ii) that any exception to (i) is software which was obtained under the

   CPL (Common Public License), and

(c)  hereby agree to license this software under the CPL.

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com