[Coin-discuss] MOSEK interface / OSI redesign

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed Oct 15 15:15:38 EDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Bo Jensen wrote:

> Hi all,
> Sorry for this late status report, but I have been busy with other work.
> The first draft for a OSI interface for MOSEK is done and has passed the
> unit test. Since it is my opinion that the current OSI has some unfinished
> issues that will be changed in the new OSI, I will not submit any code
> before the OSI redesign is done, but anyone who might be interested can get
> the current interface by emailing me. As soon as the redesign is done I
> will change the MOSEK interface to support this new OSI version. So how far
> is the redesign ?
> Best
> Bo
> (I can't respond next week since I have vacation -:) )

Bo-

It's great to hear that we'll be able to add MOSEK to our stable of
supported solvers.

We are hoping that the basic framework for the new OSI will be ready for
testing and interface building sometime around year-end.  In the meantime,
we'd be happy to have your current interface in the repository as soon as
we are in a position to accept outside contributions again.

Currently, outside contributions are on hold because getting approval
though IBM will take longer than the time we expect to remain hosted with
IBM.  (Once the incorporation of the COIN-OR Foundation is complete, we
will be moving our hosting outside of IBM so we can control our own
acceptance process.)

We'll post prominent announcements here when we are ready to take
contributions again.  Hopefully, it won't be long (but lawyers and federal
government paperwork are involved, so who knows...).

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs