[Coin-discuss] MaxCut and Mkc

Stephan Hennig stephanhennig at web.de
Sat Nov 22 12:56:19 EST 2003

Matthew Saltzman schrieb:

> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Stephan Hennig wrote:
>
>> I think you should mark pdf-documents as binary too (like the one
>> in Bcp/Doc/). If ps- or fig-documents are critical to different
>> line feeds too I don't know yet.
>
> PostScript and fig are plain text formats, so they should almost
> certainly contain the local system line feeds.

Thanks for making this clear. I wasn't sure if that is specified that
way in the postscript standard and old printers really can cope with all
of them unix, windows and macintosh style line breaks. dvi2ps generates
ps files with Unix style line breaks on my Windows machine too.

> FYI, fig is a format that (as far as I can find) is specific to Xfig
> and jFig.  Those files are mostly there for archival reasons (they
> are the sources for the corresponding .eps files).  Xfig is a Unix
> program, but can be built for Windows using Cygwin.  jFig is an Xfig
> clone written in Java, which can be installed in Windows as well as
> Unix.

Thanks, there is another Xfig clone called WinFIG that is installed on
my Windows machine and I can report that it seems to work with Windows
line breaks here. Should have tried it before.

But pdf files should definitely be fixed.

Kind regards,
Stephan Hennig