[Coin-discuss] MaxCut and Mkc

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at web.de
Mon Nov 17 11:19:04 EST 2003

Laszlo Ladanyi schrieb:

> Your guess is correct. When we added the compressed files to the repository
> we forgot to mark them binary. This wasn't a problem on any unices.
>
> Is there a cvs expert out there who can tell how to change the type of a file
> in the repository (I'm willing to manually muck with the repository)?
> Otherwise I' ll start to read the manual...

This is what I found in Fogel/Bar: "Open Source Development with CVS"

Q: My Binary Files Are Messed Up.
A: Did you remember to use -kb when you added them? If not, CVS might
have performed line-end conversion or RCS keyword substitution on them.
The easiest solution is usually to mark them as binary
yarkon$ cvs admin -kb foo.gif
and then commit a fixed version of the file. CVS will not corrupt the
new commit or any of the commits thereafter, because it now knows the
file is binary.

Though, in case something went wrong, I didn't say a word.

Kind regards,
Stephan Hennig