[Coin-discuss] OSX 10.2.8, CoinTime.hpp and Sbb

ScottWelz at aol.com ScottWelz at aol.com
Sat Nov 1 15:13:28 EST 2003

I'm getting the same load error as Sven (see below).   Being a novice, I
wasn't able to successfully track down why this is occurring.   Any suggestions on
what I might do to diagnose the undefined symbol problem?

Also, when investigating why I was getting the "libCoin.a not sorted"
warning, I found the following message occures when making COIN:

Compiling CoinPresolveUseless.cpp

Creating library libCoin-O1.a
libtool: warning same member name (CoinDenseVector.o) in output file used for
input files: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o and: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o
(due to use of basename, truncation, blank padding or duplicate input files)
libtool: same symbol defined in more than one member in:
Darwin-O1/libCoin-O1.a (table of contents will not be sorted)
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZN15CoinDenseVectorIdE10setElementEid
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZN15CoinDenseVectorIdE10setElementEid
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZN15CoinDenseVectorIdE11getElementsEv
.
.
.
.
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE14getNumElementsEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE3sumEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE3sumEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE4sizeEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE4sizeEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE7infNormEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE7infNormEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE7oneNormEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE7oneNormEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE7twoNormEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfE7twoNormEv
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfEixEi
libtool: file: Darwin-O1/CoinDenseVector.o defines symbol:
__ZNK15CoinDenseVectorIfEixEi
Installing include files...
Installing libraries...

These are only warnings, but it looks like there might be a bug in here
somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

Scott