[Coin-discuss] COIN on a Mac

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Jan 6 14:02:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Harder, Robert, Capt, DPX-AFPOA wrote:

> I was able to compile the following modules:
>
>  - Cgl
>  - Clp
>  - Coin
>  - Sbb
>  - Vol
>
> I could not compile these modules:
>
>  - Bcp
>  - Dfo
>  - Osi
>
> Bcp gave me errors like "/bin/sh: -DBCP_COMM_PROTOCOL_: command not found"
>
> Dfo gave me errors like this:
>
>   Makefile:35: ../Common/make/Makefile.coin: No such file or directory
>   Makefile:36: ../Common/make/Makefile.detectBlas: No such file or directory
>   Makefile:37: ../Common/make/Makefile.detectLapack: No such file or
> directory
>   Makefile:123: ../Common/make/Makefile.rules: No such file or directory

Hmm.  This seems like it's left over from the days when we tried to
autodetect libraries.  In any case, you certainly need separately
installed BLAS and LaPack libraries (libblas.a and liblapack.a) somewhere.

> Osi gave me errors like this which of course resulted in many undefined
> objects:
>
>   In file included from OsiOslSolverInterface.cpp:12:
>   include/OsiOslSolverInterface.hpp:12:23: ekk_c_api.h: No such file or
> directory

For this one, edit Makefile/Makefile.location and comment out the
references to OSL and any other solvers you don't have.  If you do have
OSL, then fix the OSL entries in Makefile/Makefile.location to reflect the
correct location of OSL files.

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs at clemson.edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs