[Coin-discuss] AAP_BP example

Matthew Galati magh at lehigh.edu
Mon Dec 1 17:20:58 EST 2003

>[work at localhost AAP_BP]$ uname -a
>Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.20-8 #1 Thu Mar 13 17:18:24 EST 2003
>i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
>[work at localhost AAP_BP]$ rpm -q glibc
>glibc-2.3.2-11.9
>
>If you need more information you have to tell me. As I wrote earlier I
>am from the opposite island where we run Windows (no it's not better).
>So I have not much knowledge about system dependent stuff on Linux.

Nope. That is as far as I can help on this issue. I am also using the
academic version. The OSL folks will have to let us know if there is a
newer version that works with glibc-2.3, or if perhaps the issue might
lie somewhere else. I only guessed that the issue was with glibc given
the stack trace that I posted earlier.

>As I mentioned I can run the problem file 6.1.aap with OSL when
>overriding AAP_datafile on the command line. When doing so, it takes 884
>sec to compute a solution value of 48 with OSL whereas CLP needs just
>0.6 sec to compute a solution value of 46 on the same system with the
>same glibc. Don't know if this is of interest. Do you get the same wrong
>solution on RH8 with OSL?

The optimal solution to 6.1 is 46. Running with OSL, I have a test case
where the dual ray returned by OsiOsl's getDualRays does not provide a
certificate of infeasiblity (at least in the sense I am using it to
restore feasibility). So, using OSL, you will not get the right answer.
I am going to take a more careful look at Osi's getDualRays at some
point. Hopefully, someone out there has already done so and can comment.

Matt

--
Matthew Galati
ISE Lehigh University