[Coin-discuss] AAP_BP example

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at web.de
Mon Dec 1 16:58:12 EST 2003

Matthew Galati schrieb:

> Stephan,
>
> I get the same SegFault using OSL on my Linux box running Redhat 9.0
> which uses glibc-2.3.
>
> [mgalati at localhost Run]$ uname -a
> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.20-9 #1 Wed Apr 2 13:42:50 EST 2003 i686
> i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> [mgalati at localhost Run]$ rpm -q glibc
> glibc-2.3.2-27.9

I am running RH 9.0 too.

[work at localhost AAP_BP]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.20-8 #1 Thu Mar 13 17:18:24 EST 2003
i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
[work at localhost AAP_BP]$ rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.3.2-11.9

If you need more information you have to tell me. As I wrote earlier I
am from the opposite island where we run Windows (no it's not better).
So I have not much knowledge about system dependent stuff on Linux.

> EKK0006I Optimization Solutions and Library Version 3.0 (Jan  7 2003)

I downloaded the academic version of OSL3 (v3_osllib_linux.tar). There
is just the osllib.so, no executable. So more information is not
available to me.

> However, using OSL on my Linux box running Redhat 8.0, which ues
> glibc-2.2 it runs ok. It actually doesn't solve it correctly - there
> seems to be an issue with OSL's getDualRays return (or, how I am using
> it) which might be related to a post I made earlier today. I will look
> into this and get back to you.

As I mentioned I can run the problem file 6.1.aap with OSL when
overriding AAP_datafile on the command line. When doing so, it takes 884
sec to compute a solution value of 48 with OSL whereas CLP needs just
0.6 sec to compute a solution value of 46 on the same system with the
same glibc. Don't know if this is of interest. Do you get the same wrong
solution on RH8 with OSL?

Regards,
Stephan Hennig