[Coin-discuss] Re: SetColSolution and GetColSolution

Bo Jensen bo.jensen at mosek.com
Mon Aug 4 03:30:55 EDT 2003

Hi Brady,
Thanks for the reply.

"getColSolution without setColSolution should be unambiguous."

Yes, but it was not clear to me what happend when you use something like:
     setColSolution()
     getColSolution()
without a solve between the calls.

"If you are using a cache for data, then I recommend changing the
column values in the cache but not actually telling MOSEK."

But then the user thinks the function setColSolution works fine, while the
solver might disregard the
start solution, and there might be big performance gaps between using the
solvers that don't disregard the solution and those that do.  It also
depend on what
algorithm you choose as default.

"At some point we will discuss this issue again, but it should wait for the OSI
redesign and possibly for incorporation."

Ok I will leave it for now and just implement the approach you mentioned.
Will the redesign discussion be posted here ?

Bo

Bo Jensen
Email: bo.jensen at mosek.com

MOSEK ApS