[Coin-discuss] OsiGlpk corrections

Brady Hunsaker hunsaker at isye.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 28 22:55:43 EDT 2003

Tim (Hultberg),

I've made some corrections to the OsiGlpk interface.  In particular, I
found one simple error with the loadProblem( numcols, numrows, ...)
routines.  GLPK will not accept lpx_add_cols( model, 0) or
lpx_add_rows( model, 0).  That is, trying to add 0 columns or rows is
not allowed.

Therefore the routine failed whenever numcols or numrows was 0.  This
had also prevented OsiGlpk from being tested by Vivian De Smedt's test
suite (which is a part of unitTest).

I corrected this and now all of Vivian's tests work fine.  Was the
instance that failed for you also one in which numcols or numrows is
0?  If not, please email me the code that failed so I can check it.

Note that I haven't uploaded the corrections yet, though I plan to do
so soon.  I'll send you an email (off the list) when I do.

Brady

Brady Hunsaker
Georgia Institute of Technology
Program in Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization
School of Industrial and Systems Engineering

E-mail address:   hunsaker at isye.gatech.edu