[Coin-discuss] COIN Tutorial Update

Matthew Galati magh at lehigh.edu
Mon Apr 28 16:30:47 EDT 2003

Hi Coin,

I have started to update the "COIN Tutorial" website at Lehigh.
Currently it contains only one example, which shows how to use OSI (and
CGL, SBB, CLP) to simulate the root node of a Branch and Cut tree - on
the Uncapacitated Facility Location Problem (UFL).

Please have a look at http://sagan.ie.lehigh.edu/coin and send me any
suggestions and/or contributions. The idea of this webpage is to
generate simple examples of how to use different modules of COIN. In my
example, I try to explain the source with extensive comments and step by
step instructions - including the build process.

As mentioned previously, if there is interest, I would be willing to
organize and post any contributions - just send me a note.

Contributions can range from:
a.) snippets of code (with explanation) on how to use particular
modules/methods,
b.) full step-by-step examples like the one I just posted,
c.) expanded explanations of the numerous examples in: unitTest/,
Samples/, Examples/ etc
- any other ideas are more than welcome.

My next post will probably be an example of using BCP to do Branch and
Cut on UFL - using the same ideas from above.

Matt

--
Matthew Galati
ISE Lehigh University