[Coin-discuss] CLP_IDIOT

JP Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 14 10:08:25 EDT 2003

>I'm trying to get Clp working on Windows.
I have just updated COIN/Win.
It contains a Microsoft Development Studio Version 6 workspace (coin.dsw)
and many project files for using COIN in MS Development Studio.
See COIN/Win/readme.txt for more info.

There is a project named clpUnitTest which links CLP code.

JP Fasano
jpfasano at us.ibm.com
(914)945-1324  (tie line 862-1324)
COIN www.coin-or.org

|---------+------------------------------------------------>
|         |           "Jesper Hansen" <jesper at carmen.se>   |
|         |           Sent by:                             |
|         |           coin-discuss-admin at www-124.southbury.|
|         |           usf.ibm.com                          |
|         |                                                |
|         |                                                |
|         |           04/11/2003 05:18 AM                  |
|         |           Please respond to coin-discuss       |
|         |                                                |
|---------+------------------------------------------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                              |
  |       To:       "COIN-discuss" <coin-discuss at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com>                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Coin-discuss] CLP_IDIOT                                                     |
  |                                                                                              |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Coin

I'm trying to get Clp working on Windows. I get a linkage error however:

Linking...
Idiot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall Idiot::crossOver(int)" (?crossOver at Idiot@@QAEXH at Z)
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/Coin.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Looking at the code I can see that

the method Idiot::crossOver(int)

is called in Idiot::crash(int numberPass). There is however a #ifdef
CLP_IDIOT around the entire crossover method and not around the call to
crossOver in crash. Adding the #ifdef around the call to crossOver seems to
work. I'm not sure what difference CLP_IDIOT does, but anyway it seems to
work.

'Jesper