[Coin-discuss] New to COIN

JP Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Sat Dec 21 08:11:31 EST 2002

I just tried running COIN/Examples/VolUfl/.ufl.cpp on windows.
I got the message:
    "Failure to open ufl datafile: data"
Is this the message you are also getting?

Using windows explorer I searched for a file named "data".
I found COIN\Examples\VolUfl\data.gz
This file is in a compressed format.
I uncompressed it.
This created the file COIN\Examples\VolUfl\data.

After uncompressing COIN/Examples/VolUfl/.ufl.cpp runs for me.

JP Fasano
jpfasano at us.ibm.com
(914)945-1324  (tie line 862-1324)
COIN www.coin-or.org

                      Adebanjo Olugbenga
                      <adebanjoe at yahoo.com>                        To:       coin-discuss at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com
                      Sent by:                                     cc:
                      coin-discuss-admin at www-124.southbury.        Subject:  Re: [Coin-discuss] New to COIN
                      usf.ibm.com

                      12/21/2002 07:30 AM
                      Please respond to coin-discuss

I successfully compiled volume and the volufl test
problem on my win2k using MSVC++. When I tried running
the executable it complained that it could not
successfully read the data file?

--- Vivian De Smedt <vivian at vdesmedt.com> wrote:
> Ade,
>
> I'am using Win2k and VC6. You will find in
> attachement my projects and
> workspace and a sample project that use clp.
> Of course to be able to compile OsiCpx or OsiGlpk
> you need to install Cplex
> (and probably pay for it) and Glpk (which is free
> software) respectively.
>
> Vivian.

name=Coin.rar

name=testClp.rar