[Coin-discuss] VolLp Example

Daniele Ficcadenti danfic at libero.it
Tue Aug 27 12:10:35 EDT 2002

Thank you Laci for your support.

In the new Makefile I added the following row, the call to zlib detecting
Makefile:

-------------------- BEGIN CODE ---------------------------------------
include ${MakefileDir}/Makefile.detectZlib
--------------------- END CODE ----------------------------------------

Now the VolLp example compiles correctly but... doesn't works.

The following code, at the beginning of the "main()" method in vollp.cpp file,
causes abnormal termination of the program ("Aborted" message):

-------------------- BEGIN CODE ---------------------------------------
throw CoinError("Sorry, the Volume Algorithm does not have an MPS Reader"
                 " with out compiling with COIN_USE_XPR and/or COIN_USE_OSL",
                 "readMps", "OsiVolSolverInterface");

I tried to comment such code, but the subsequent line of code, the call
"si->readMps(argv[1], extension)" causes another abnormal termination
("Segmentation fault" message).

What's happened? Could you help me again?

I thank you for your efforts.

Ciao, Daniele.

PS: my platform is Lynux, the compiler is gnu gcc 2.95.2.