[Coin-discuss] Gomory cuts and possible Open Source plans - anyone want an Open Source simplex solver?

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Apr 26 12:22:48 EDT 2002

	I'd be interested --- I've tried to do this once on my own, and it
was an interesting experience. But there are many things I'd do differently,
and many things I realize I need to learn. A group effort would be way more
productive that reimplementing dylp on my own, and would do a much better job
of building on the COIN code. I'd like to see us be innovative --- much more
interesting that way.

	My real interests lie a little further up --- at the MILP level ---
but it's not possible to draw a nice neat boundary. I'd guess I can make
useful contributions at the level of simplex algorithms and overall solver
strategy. I don't think you'd want to look to me for basis maintenance.
I can contribute development/testing in Solaris/Workshop and Solaris/Gnu
environments.  My time commitment would be limited over the immediate future
(heavy teaching semester coming up) but could increase substantially
mid-August -- December.

							Lou