[Coin-discuss] Presentations at INFORMS San Jose?

Brian Borchers borchers at nmt.edu
Thu Apr 18 00:21:52 EDT 2002

I'm aware that plans are underway for sessions at INFORMS San Jose on
various topics related to COIN.  It happens that I've been asked by
the computer society to come up with another session.  I opted for a
session showcasing open source software projects.  My session has a
somewhat broader range, including simulation and other kinds of OR
software as well as optimization.

I understand that there are COIN sessions planned on "standard interfaces"
and "parallel frameworks", as well as a workshop on BCP.  Are there
any of the other COIN developers who would like to present talks on
their open source projects?  I've already contacted people involved
with several non COIN projects.  I'm still in need of at least two
more talks.

Matt Saltzman has suggested that this might turn into an actual "Open
Source Track".  Even if we don't go that far, it would be good to cross
reference these sessions.

Please let me know asap if you'd be interested in giving a presentation.

Brian Borchers                          borchers at nmt.edu
Department of Mathematics               http://www.nmt.edu/~borchers/
New Mexico Tech                         Phone: 505-835-5813
Socorro, NM 87801                       FAX: 505-835-5366