[Coin-discuss] query re. optimised builds for COIN

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri Apr 12 13:15:54 EDT 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Laszlo Ladanyi wrote:

> I'm regularly building optimized code on Sun/AIX/Linux using gcc-2.95.3 and
> see no problem whatsoever...
>
> I'm planning to try gcc-3.0.x RSN :-)
>
> --Laci

I have the core dump with 2.96RH also, and debugging that is on my list.
Keep me posted on anything you find.

I have not in the past had trouble with 2.5.3.

I also plan to try 3.0.4 soon.  I recall that we fixed some things to make
sure that it would compile under 3.0.1, but I don't recall if we got it
running.  I know that C++ linking is a problem between any combination of
2.95.x, 2.96RH, and 3.x, so I don't know which solvers other than CPLEX
can be used with 3.x.  Of course, DyLP is available as source, so that's
not an issue here.

I have access to the Sun Forte compilers, but haven't tried them either.
That Workshop compiler bug looks nasty...

		Matt