[Coin-discuss] SunOS support of OSI

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 19 19:52:30 EST 2001

>We plan to provide OSI support for our solver.
That's wonderful news!   By "our solver"  I'm assuming your referring to
bonsaiG? That'd be fantastic.

>Is there any known problems of OSI with solaris?
 No one has reported any problems so far that I'm aware of.  We'll report
anything that comes up under the FAQs, and where ever else it makes sense.
As far as Sun users, I know Laci Ladanyi has built and run the development
version of BCP/OSI on SunOS in support of Suvrajeet Sen's group at Univ of
AZ, and Matt Saltzman at Clemson Univ has Sun machines (but he may be doing
most of his COIN-OR work on Redhat Linux).

>Will solaris eventually be supported?
Yes. Any and all SunOS users are welcome/needed to contribute to that
effort.

>The unit test expects uncompressed files. ... Is this behavior documented?
Not that I could easily find. We'll change that. Thanks. Any other
suggestions/comments?

Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org

Stephen Tse <stephent at sfu.ca>@dwoss.lotus.com on 03/19/2001 06:51:40 PM

Please respond to coin-discuss at dwoss.lotus.com

Sent by:  coin-discuss-admin at dwoss.lotus.com

To:   coin-discuss at dwoss.lotus.com
cc:   Lou Hafer <lou at cs.sfu.ca>
Subject:  [Coin-discuss] SunOS support of OSI

Hi all! We plan to provide OSI support for our solver. SunOS is our
development platform but the FAQ on the web page does not list it as a
supported platform. With some tweaking, I managed to compile it and
run the unit test in solaris.

Is there any known problems of OSI with solaris? Will solaris
eventually be supported?

The unit test of OSI expects uncompressed files
(../Mps-netlib/25fv47.mps) but files in distribution are compressed
(../Mps-netlib/25fv47.mps.gz), confusing the unit test. Is this
behavior documented?

Thanks for reading.