[Coin-discuss] cvs for bonsai-osi

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 30 12:46:48 EDT 2001

On 25 Jul 2001, Stephen Tse wrote:

Hi Stephen and Lou,

> Hi Laci and everyone, Lou and I have developed a COIN-OSI wrapper for
> our lp solver "bonsai". We'd like to integrate it into COIN project.

Great news!

> bonsai-osi is mostly completed: it implements most interfaces in the
> cvs development branch and it passes all tests in
> OsiSolverInterfaceTest and netlib. We think it is time to put it in
> cvs with COIN and do a final integration test.

I agree. There is just one hitch, licensing. You haven't indicated
what sort of license you want to use for this interface. If it is
the CPL or IPL that it can be put out right away (note that the
license on the interface does not affect the license of bonsai). If
you'd like to place it under anything else (doesn't matter which end
of the spectrum, BSD or GPL) then we have to get permission from
higher above. Also everyone contributing must certify that they are
the rightful owners, i.e., they have to sign a certificate of
authenticity. Whether an email is sufficient or it must be on dead
tree I don't know. We'll try to figure it out ASAP.

Last week I indicated that the devel version will become the stable
one. I expected that to happen last week, but I haven't realized how
long it takes to test everything, update web pages, etc. Anyway, we
are almost through with it.

> Could we apply for a new directory of cvs with write access? COIN/bonsai
> will be an appropriate location. We isolate all interfaces and tests
> in a single directory (unlike cpx, osl, vol, xpr) so we do not need
> write access to other directories.

This is a good idea. Probably we should do this with the other
interfaces, but it won't happen now...