[Coin-announce] COIN-OR Cup call for submissions: due Wed 15 Oct 2014

Miles Lubin mlubin at mit.edu
Wed Sep 17 13:57:51 EDT 2014

We are now seeking submissions for the tenth annual "COIN-OR INFORMS Cup"
competition.

Previous Winners <http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup.html>

*Rules:*
- A submission or nomination must contain:
    1. A synopsis of an effective use of COIN-OR software or valuable
contribution to COIN-OR (or both!)
    2. An explanation of its significance
- The winner must accept the prize in person at the 2014 INFORMS meeting
--- so we can all celebrate appropriately (see "Celebration" below).
- Submission deadline: *Wednesday, October 15, 2014*
- Please email submissions to: coin-cup at coin-or.org
- Self-nomination is welcomed.
- We especially encourage nominations of the effective use of COIN-OR that
the community may not know about.

Submissions will be judged by a committee including members of the COIN-OR
Foundation, Inc.

*Celebration*: The 2014 COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will be awarded during the
INFORMS annual meeting in San Francisco, CA. All entrants and their
supporters are welcome to join in the celebration and regale, rile, and
roast the prize winners. Time and location will be announced here:
http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup14.html.

*Details of the winning entry will be announced at this celebration event*
and posted on the COIN-OR Cup website.

Please email your submissions to coin-cup at coin-or.org

Enter, come, *possibly win*, and raise your cup with us!

--
Miles Lubin
Ph.D. Candidate / MIT Operations Research Center