[Coin-announce] Tenth Anniversary of COIN-OR: Your information needed!

Michael Trick trick at cmu.edu
Wed Jul 14 09:44:40 EDT 2010

Hi all,  As you may know, we are coming up on the 10th anniversary of
COIN-OR (dating from IBM's original announcement at ISMP 2000).  As part of
the celebrations for this milestone (lots of open source projects don't live
through their first year, let alone 10!), we, the COIN-OR Strategic
Leadership Board, are collecting success stories about COIN-OR.  We will be
using these stories in prize nominations, presentations, reports and other
anniversary activities.

If COIN-OR has changed your life or made your organization more successful,
can I ask you to spend a few minutes writing a paragraph or so about your
experience and to then send it to me (trick at cmu.edu)?  The more specificity
the better, and any external measures of success ("We won this prize due to
COIN-OR") are very much welcome.  We particularly want stories on how
COIN-OR is affecting the world outside of operations research, but very much
welcome stories from within the field.

We will be using these throughout the rest of the year, but our first
deadline is in just 10 days.  If you have something to offer, can you spend
a few minutes now writing me about it?

Best wishes,

Mike

P.S.  Any thoughts you have on statistics that show the effect of COIN-OR or
any of its projects would also be very welcome.

Michael Trick                      trick at cmu.edu
Professor and Associate Dean, Research
Tepper School of Business
Carnegie Mellon   http://mat.tepper.cmu.edu