[Cmpl] Cmpl and java

Mike Steglich mike.steglich at berlin.de
Fri Jan 3 09:57:55 EST 2014

Hi Steven,

Please find a beta version of Cmpl 1.9.0 for Win32 and some examples under the following links:

http://www.coliop.org/_download/Cmpl-1-9-0-beta-win32.zip
http://www.coliop.org/_download/Cmpl-1-9-0-examples.zip

Installation
	To install the CMPL package you only have to copy the folder Cmpl into
	c:\program files\Cmpl  (win32)
	c:\program files (x86)\Cmpl  (win64)

Running CMPL
	CMPL - Please start the cmplShell c:\program files\Cmpl\cmplShell.bat
	(or c:\program files (x86)\Cmpl\cmplShell.bat)
  	and execute CMPL with the command   cmpl <problemname>.cmpl .
  	Coliop - Double-click coliop.bat in c:\program files\Cmpl\

Notes to jCMPL
jCMPL is the CMPL API  for Java.
The main idea of this API is
* to define sets and parameters within the user application,
* to start and control the solving process and
* to read the solution(s) into the application if the problem is feasible.
All variables, objective functions and constraints are defined in CMPL.
These functionalities can be used with a local CMPL installation or a CMPLServer.

To use these functionalities in your own Java application you have to link your
application agains the jar files located in the Cmpl home folder:
jCmpl\jCmpl.jar and against all of the jar files jCmpl\lib.

The manual isn't updated, but you can find a JavaDoc and a couple of jCmpl examples in  the examples file.

Please keep in mind -> it is a beta version and should only used for testing purposes and not for production systems.

Cheers,

Mike