[Clp] configure errors, cannot find BLAS, /bin/sh ./configure failed for Ipopt

LMH lmh_users-groups at molconn.com
Thu Sep 27 12:43:42 EDT 2018

LMH wrote:
>> John Forrest wrote:
>>> I don't know enough about building on windows to give a definite answer but you could
>>> try one or two things to get something working and then improve the situation.
>>>
>>> a) do configure with --without-blas --without-lapack
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> b) go into ThirdParty/Blas and Lapack and do get.Blas and get.Lapack
>>>
>>> John Forrest

>> Thanks for the advice. I added the third party code as you suggested. The get scripts
>> did not work because I had issues with wget and also some of the file names in the
>> scripts do not match the files that were downloaded. I had to manually implement some
>> of the steps in the get scripts.
>>
>> After running configure -C, I get a different error.
>>
>> checking whether LAPACK is already available with BLAS library... no
>> checking whether -llapack has LAPACK... yes
>> configure: Checking for Harwell subroutine library
>> checking whether MUMPS is available... no
>> configure: error: "No linear solver (such as MUMPS) available.  You need to provide
>> at least one."
>> configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for Ipopt
>>
>> There is nothing listed under MUMPS in the cygwin package manager. How do I go about
>> resolving this?
>>
>> LMH

> I downloaded and built MUMPS Version 1.71 according to the cygwin instructions here,
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sourceforge.net_projects_mumps_files_&d=DwICAg&c=Ngd-ta5yRYsqeUsEDgxhcqsYYY1Xs5ogLxWPA_2Wlc4&r=G-rWCwMCBm3eUuw9HwVHnyOeSnSun6y799F3zRs5-x4&m=EN_1NCjY2BBHQEFERdu1TbKKkY-EoG6ZRbTa4qkkqe8&s=tUugfkR19NDQFz7VhEXwjiOwjRHbfR6PhS8vEKGWmoY&e=
>
> The build seemed to go fine once I made the suggested local configuration changes.
> When I re-ran ./config for coin-or, I still get the error,
>
> checking whether MUMPS is available... no
> configure: error: "No linear solver (such as MUMPS) available.  You need to provide
> at least one."
> configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for Ipopt
>
> I installed mumps to /lib and I suspect that it is being looked for in one of the bin
> directories. the "which mumps" command doesn't return anything.
>
> Should I move the mumps install directory to some other location like /bin or
> /usr/local/bin, etc?
>
> Should I add a ln somewhere that points to where mumps is now?
>
> Do I have a different problem altogether?
>
> Thanks,
>
> LMH

The configure script has completed, but make fails with the following error,

CoinFactorization.hpp: In member function 'bool CoinFactorization::pivot(int, int,
CoinBigIndex, CoinBigIndex, double*, unsigned int*, int, int, T*, int)':
CoinFactorization.hpp:648:54: error: there are no arguments to 'printf' that depend
on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'printf' must be available [-fpermissive]
     printf("more memory needed in middle of invert\n");
                                                      ^
CoinFactorization.hpp:648:54: note: (if you use '-fpermissive', G++ will accept your
code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
Makefile:566: recipe for target 'CoinFactorization1.lo' failed
make[2]: *** [CoinFactorization1.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/COIN-OS/CoinUtils/src'
Makefile:360: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/COIN-OS/CoinUtils'
Makefile:297: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This seems like it may be a compiler version issue. I checked, and <stdio.h> is
included in the file CoinFactorization1.cpp and I think that is where printf is
defined. I tried including cstdlib as well but that doesn't help.

Any suggestions on what to do? I am currently using gcc/g++/gfortran 5.3.0 under
32-bit cygwin.

LMH