[Clp] getPrimalRays does not return direction of unboundedness

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Fri Sep 12 04:21:45 EDT 2014

Aykut,

Behaviour is due to a "feature".  initialSolve presolves the problem,
solves it and finds it to be dual infeasible.  Because
ClpSimplex::moreSpecialOptions_ default has         "2 bit - if
presolved problem infeasible return" set it does not create a ray.

So - either -

do solver->resolve() if infeasible - this will give ray as does not do
presolve

or

add the elegant line

dynamic_cast<OsiClpSolverInterface *
 >(solver)->getModelPtr()->setMoreSpecialOptions(0);

before initialSolve

John Forrest