[Clp] Licensing Question

Miles Lubin miles.lubin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:35:15 EDT 2014

Hi Babak,

Clp is licensed under the Eclipse Public License, which is unfortunately
incompatible with the GPL. See these two FAQ entries:
https://www.eclipse.org/legal/eplfaq.php#USEINANOTHER
https://www.eclipse.org/legal/eplfaq.php#GPLCOMPATIBLE

If you would like to distribute Clp along with your code, it would have to
be dual licensed. Another option, which is common practice although I
cannot comment on if it's technically compliant with the license, is to not
distribute Clp along with the code, but instead allow users to download it
on their own if they would prefer to use it over the solver which you are
currently using.

Best,
Miles