[Clp] Clp Digest, Vol 109, Issue 7

Miles Lubin miles.lubin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 11:52:38 EDT 2014

Hi Wolfgang,

If you provide a sparse problem to Clp, it will certainly use a sparse
factorization by default. In fact, it uses a highly specialized
Markowitz-type factorization that's more suited to the structural
properties of LP basis matrices than more well-known state-of-the-art
sparse linear algebra libraries (see
http://page.math.tu-berlin.de/~liesen/Publicat/lasimp09.pdf).

Best,
Miles