[Clp] AMPL driver for Clp

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Tue Apr 2 15:02:48 EDT 2013

vladimir voloshinov <vladimir.voloshinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> a couple of questions:
> 1) Am I right, that available versions of CLP do not contain AMPL
> driver and the only way to run CLP from AMPL is OSAmplClient (or
> OSSolverService for reading models from AMPL-stubs)?

As one of the developers of the OS project, may I recommend the use of
OSAmplClient (or OSSolverService)? It allows you to access not only
clp, but a whole raft of other solvers, and it allows you to do so
over the internet. Moreover, I am just doing final testing of a new
version of OSAmplClient that allows you to do the remote solve
_asynchronously_, that is, you can submit a large job from inside
AMPL, turn off your computer, come back the next day, check on the
progress and retrieve the solution into AMPL once the job has
finished. (You do not have to use this feature, but it will be
available if you need/want to use it.)

Cheers

gus gassmann