[Clp] CLP finds feasible model infeasible

Bo Jensen jensen.bo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:38:36 EDT 2012

Javad,

Did you remember to use maximization ?

This is what I get with Sulum :

sulum command >> --read /home/bj/Downloads/maximize_infeasible.mps
<Info>     Read problem file : /home/bj/Downloads/maximize_infeasible.mps
<Info>     Reading MPS file 78 cons 217 vars 424 non zeroes
<Info>     Read time : 0.046
sulum command >> --param-int-set SlmPrmIntObjSense SlmObjSenseMax
sulum command >> --opt
<Log>      Starting optimizer
<Info>     No license checkout, problem fits limited trial size.
<Log>      Starting presolve
<Info>     Problem to be optimized has 78 constraints 217 variables and 424
non zeroes in A matrix.
<Info>     Presolved problem has 54 constraints 145 variables and 280 non
zeroes in A matrix.
<Log>      Completed presolve
<Log>      Presolve time : 0.080
<Log>      Starting Simplex Optimizer
<Info>     No hotstart used
<Log>      Starting Dual Simplex Optimizer
<Log>      Iters :  0           DInf :  0.0000000e+00
<Log>      Iters :  0           DObj :  1.4779100e+08
<Log>      Iters :  84          DObj :  1.4622627e+08
<Log>      Solution is optimal
<Log>      Completed Dual Simplex Optimizer
<Log>      Completed Simplex Optimizer
<Log>      Starting postsolve
<Log>      Completed postsolve
<Log>      Completed optimizer
<Log>      Optimizer Time  : 0.195
<Info>     Optimizer Return Key : SlmRetOk
sulum command >> --sol-quality
<Info>     Quality LP sol :

<Info>      Primal solution
<Info>      ---------------
<Info>      Primal obj                                            :
1.4622627e+08
<Info>      Primal basic inf.                                     :
0.0000000e+00
<Info>      Primal basic num inf.                                 :    0
<Info>      Primal non basic bound inf.                           :
0.0000000e+00
<Info>      Primal max super basic                                :
0.0000000e+00
<Info>      Primal max eq. inf i.e ||Ax-s||                       :
1.5133992e-08
<Info>      Primal invalid status keys                            :    0

<Info>      Dual solution
<Info>      -------------
<Info>      Dual obj                                              :
1.4622627e+08
<Info>      Dual basic inf .                                      :
0.0000000e+00
<Info>      Dual basic num inf.                                   :    0
<Info>      Dual non basic bound inf.                             :
1.6816624e-14
<Info>      Dual max super basic                                  :
4.5474735e-13
<Info>      Dual max eq. inf i.e max(||c-yA-rc||,||y-cb*inv(B)||) :
2.9000000e-07

sulum command >>