[Clp] CLP finds feasible model infeasible

Nils Löhndorf nils.loehndorf at wu.ac.at
Thu Jun 21 10:49:05 EDT 2012

Dear CLP mailing list members,

I have been testing CLP as part of a cutting planes algorithm to solve
stochastic optimization problems. My problem is that CLP frequently finds a
problem infeasible although the problem is definitely feasible. I have
tested the same model with other solvers such as Gurobi, Xpress and Sulum,
where I did not encounter this problem.

I have attached the mps file of a prototypical LP. When I read the file
from the console and solve the problem using "clp maximize_infeasible.mps
-max -dualsimplex", it returns "primal infeasible". I have found out that
with some LPs like the one attached, I just need to increase the dual
tolerance, e.g. using "clp maximize_infeasible.mps -max -dualT 1.0
-dualsimplex". However, this does not always work.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong here or what I have to do with my
model to avoid this behavior?

Best regards
Nils

--