[Clp] manual pivoting

Kibaek Kim Kibaek.Kim at u.northwestern.edu
Tue May 3 23:32:18 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I am using Clp to manually perform pivots. For a given vertex, I am checking
every adjacent vertices based on the basis information.

To do that, my solver calls OsiClpSolverInterface::primalPivotResult( ... ).
But the solver sometimes gives an error. The error occurs in
ClpSimplexPrimal.cpp line 2927, which indicates CoinAssert (fabs(alpha_) >
1.0e-8).

I guess the error occurs when pivoting step size is too small. Is that
right? If so, is there any way to properly handle this?

Thanks in advance,

Kibaek