[Clp] Interpretation of solution variables beyond bounds

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Tue Sep 21 11:28:25 EDT 2010

Alex,

> I invoke command-line solver with command "clp task.lp solve solu
> task.result". Does it mean that no matter how complex is the problem,
> I will not get values below -1e-7 (absolute value) for non-negative
> variables?

	Try typing simply `clp', which will get you the interactive command
prompt. Typing `?' will get you the list of commonly-used commands.
Typing `???' will get you the full list of commands. In the top group
(`Double parameters') you'll see a number of tolerances. Among them is
the primal tolerance. As the help says, `For an optimal solution no
primal infeasibility may exceed this value.' Set it to something
suitably small, given the number of significant digits in the
coefficients you're using. Browse the help for the rest of the commands
to get an idea of what you can ask clp to do.

						Lou