[Clp] first steps in getting involved

Julian Hall J.A.J.Hall at ed.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 06:32:45 EDT 2010

Dear Amritayan

> I graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in 2009 with
> a major in Computer Science and am currently working as a full time software
> developer with ZS Associates. I have recently picked up interest in the
> field of Linear Programming and would like to get involved with the CLP
> project by contributing code. The faq page on CLP seems to be outdated with
> the last post being made in 2004. I would like to know the present direction
> of work(if any is being carried out) and the appropriate way for a starter
> to get involved in it.

Although the FAQ hasn't been updated for a few years, and there's no
real development work going on at present, I have ideas for new
directions once I've got myself up-to-speed on how Clp is put together.

In what area were you thinking of contributing your expertise?

Julian
--
Dr. J. A. Julian Hall, Senior Lecturer, School of Mathematics,
University of Edinburgh, JCMB, King's Buildings, EDINBURGH, EH9 3JZ, UK.
Room: 6221   Phone: [+44](131) 650 5075   Email: J.A.J.Hall at ed.ac.uk
Fax: [+44](131) 650 6553   Web: http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/hall

Scotland, with
registration number SC005336.