[Clp] Dual solution from infeasible problem

Baxter Rennie baxterrennie at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 01:05:22 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Was wondering whether there is any way to ensure I always obtain a dual solution from CLP when I give it an infeasible problem. The one that's got me stumped at the moment is
min -x
-x=-20
x<=5
with a lower bound of 0 on x. Somehow this is giving me [0, 0] when I ask for the dualRowSolution() and zero for getReducedCost(). I've switched off presolve without any change in the situation.

What I've been doing is passing ClpSolve using automatic selections to a ClpSimplex model when calling initialSolve. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Baxter