[Clp] resolve() after enableSimplexInterface()?

Sebastian Theophil stheophil at think-cell.com
Wed Mar 4 12:39:36 EST 2009

Hello,

in my program I do an initialSolve(), check the solution status and if
the solution is optimal I enable the simplex interface with
enableSimplexInterface(true).

Occasionally, the solver seems to change some internal solution status
that I do not quite understand: With the latest trunk, line 572 of
ClpSimplex.cpp calls  nonLinearCost_->checkInfeasibilities(). If I
understand correctly, this method checks each variables' status
including slack variables. In my case, calling
enableSimplexInterface(true) causes a status change for one variable
which leads to a change in the costs for this variable. By consequence,
this changes the value of my objective function.

Should a call to enableSimplexInterface be followed by a call to
resolve() to correct the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Sebastian Theophil . stheophil at think-cell.com
Software Engineer

think-cell Software GmbH . Invalidenstr. 34 . 10115 Berlin, Germany
http://www.think-cell.com . phone +49-30-666473-10 . toll-free (US) +1-800-891-8091
Directors: Dr. Markus Hannebauer, Dr. Arno Schoedl . Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 85229