[Clp] Clp-1.7 Dual Simplex Algorithm

Bo Jensen bo.jensen at mosek.com
Tue Jun 30 06:59:28 EDT 2009

I think you should try to solve these subproblems with the primal simplex
algorithm. It would most likely do minimizing sum of infeasibility and will
likely be less degenerated. Actually this is equal to a old strategy by the
great GDB himself, where he suggest minimizing primal sum of infeasibility
on the subset of dual degenerated variables (in this case all of them).
You are right that all the duals in theory are zero in dual simplex in this
case, but in practice they contain small perturbations to avoid the
degeneracy issue, so depending on the solver it may or may not exploit this.