[Clp] Doubts about modifying and re-solving a LP

Carlos Eduardo Knippschild carlos.chuim at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:52:28 EST 2009

Hello.

I'm very new to CLP and I'm having some difficulties trying to create a base
LP, modifying it a little bit (adding or removing rows), solving it and
doing this many times. I found some of the examples regarding this subject
but it seems that I'm still missing something. The tutorial/wiki/doxygen
docs are not very clear about this.

Basically what I'm trying to do is:
- Create a "base" LP and solve it
- Add some rows (using addRow method), solve the modified LP (using primal
 method), remove the added rows (using deleteRows method)
- Repeat previous step many times, recursively

What happens is that some state is stored at the model after some iterations
that make my model infeasible for a combination of constraints that were
already solved before and were feasible at that time. Should I be using some
sort of "cleanup" or "reset" method between the calls to the addRow method?

I'm using version 1.10.2, under Windows, with Visual Studio 2008. As it was
the last packed version available. Should I get a newer one (directly from
the svn repository)?

Thanks for any help!
--
Carlos E. Knippschild