[Clp] bounced subscribers have been resubscribed

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Jul 30 14:17:27 EDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Robin Lougee-Heimer wrote:

> My writing is that bad, eh?  I'll work on that, but this one was
> definitely real.  :-)

No.  Phishermen are that good.
I almost got caught by a phishing expedition once.
The only reason I didn't was because I was reluctant to provide
the information requested even if it was from the source claimed.

I never got notice of any bounces and had
only taken a cursory look at the announcement.
Eventually I suppose it would have occured to me
that going through the original subscription
procedure again was unlikely to cause me trouble.

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Robin Lougee-Heimer wrote:
>
> > A server failure caused massive bounces which lead to some folks on the
> > clp list getting unsubscribed.
> > I've just re-subscribed everyone who was affected.
>
> Thanks.
> I wasn't sure whether the announcement was real or a phishing expedition.

"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)
are called Hardware;  those program instructions that you can only
curse at are called Software."