[Coin-lpsolver] Question about the use of pivot()

Sonja Friedrich sfr83 at gmx.de
Wed Jan 23 10:01:15 EST 2008

Hello,

I've just started using CLP and now I have some little problems. I
hope you can help me. Here are my questions and a short description of
what I want to do:
I have a algorithm that starts at the optimal vertex and then searches
the tree, spanned by the Simplex algorithm over all vertices of my
polyhedron backwards. So it needs all possible bases.
What I want to do is, start at the optimal vertex and then go to all
the adjacent vertices. Currently I'm using pivot(). Pivot() needs
sequenceIn and sequenceOut to be set, but it doesn't allow all
possible combinations. Especially it is not possible to go "backwards"
(with regard to the objective value). Is pivot() the right function
for this tast? Is there any better way to come to every adjacent
vertex?

The next problem is, that pivot() doesn't update the objective value,
which I also need. Maybe it does the update, but I do not know how to
get it. Solution(), getColSolution() and primalColumnSolution() have
their old values, just as before pivot() or are 0. Therefore the
objective Value hasn't got its right value. Is there any chance to get
the right objective value?

Thanks and greetings

Sonja Friedrich
TU Darmstadt